PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the overage!

jstive
02-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Could someone please explain or point me to the law as to what one does with his medical marijuana overage? I mean after all 12 plants will give you just a tad over 2.5 ozs. I visited our dispensary here and the guy that runs it tells me that I can bring my overage to him and I set the price on it per gram. Then he sells it at what I set the price at and takes an agreeable commission on it. Now this sounds to suspicious to me. Is the state going to let one sell his mmj to a dispensary for cash? This is all a little overwhelming to me. Iam 58 yrs. old and we have been fighting to get it legalized for years and now that they finally realize it has some good and have done it for medical reasons you just hear so much propaganda on the do's and don'ts one doesn't know what is law and what isn't. Could someone please let me know on this? Thanks, Jim

Diesel Farmer
02-13-2011, 12:08 AM
overage meaning you can only have so much smokeable meds in your possession by law, so after a harvest and cure you will normally have more than you should have, here its one ounce, so they want to buy the rest from you and its illegal to do, it is here. What do you mean by 12 plants will give you 2.5 ounces?

GaladrielDreams
02-13-2011, 12:10 AM
The laws depend on the states. Some states say you can't 'sell' any mmj. It has to be a 'donation'. If you look in our MMJ Laws by states section it may have some answers about some of your questions there.

mama train
02-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Greetings jstive,
Sounds strange to me too but the law differs from state to state. There is a link in our MMJ forum to the laws state by state put together by our lovely Galadriel. Here's a link:

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?61-Medical-Marijuana-Information-Subforums-Arranged-by-State-Country

I'm a patient too but I'm in Alaska and our state would NOT permit such a thing...we don't have dispensaries either. Our State is legal for all anyway within your own home and as long as you don't buy and sell.
Mama T

Diesel Farmer
02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
The guy at the dispensary is basically buying it from you, you give him the meds and he gives you cash or another way to look at it is, he is selling your meds for you, its not legal here (just wanted to clarify that)

Diesel Farmer
02-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, Galadriel put great info here on the MMJ states!! http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?61-Medical-Marijuana-Information-Subforums-Arranged-by-State-Country

mama train
02-13-2011, 12:35 AM
OK now what I do with my overage is process it into butter and soon to be concentrates so I am within the law.
I guess that's really a better answer. I freeze my cookies and butter for later use. And your yield from that many plants seem off. I'd cry if I ONLY got 2.5 from 12 ladies...??? Are you counting the boys?
Peace ans good thoughts
Mama T

Theanswerto1984is1776
02-13-2011, 01:00 AM
OK now what I do with my overage is process it into butter and soon to be concentrates so I am within the law.
I guess that's really a better answer. I freeze my cookies and butter for later use. And your yield from that many plants seem off. I'd cry if I ONLY got 2.5 from 12 ladies...??? Are you counting the boys?
Peace ans good thoughts
Mama T

That's what I was going to suggest, seems like that would be the loophole. You could just process all your overage into products(Hash, oils, butter, kief, etc.). I would have to roll the biggest joint ever, before I threw anything away!LOL

URS007
02-13-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm in Cali, and I can have 6 plants in veg and 6 in bloom. I'm allowed 8 oz of dried flowers. I can donate my dried flowers to any Co-op that I am a member, for cost of time, and materials, I can accept cash or barter for any product my Co-op offers. I can also donate clones. The whole key to it is that nothing is for "sale", only for donation. I can also donate to another other mmj patient.
I'm not sure how clones count in your 6/6 plants.
Please keep in mind that this is MY understanding of how this law works, and that every state is different.

Wildstar
02-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the board. No offense but I'm calling BS on this post. However giving you the benefit of the doubt, I think selling to a dispensary would definitely be on the sly and at your own risk. If you can't use it up, and have LE heat then you should dispose of it if you are worried about the safety of your family. Of course if you don't then that is your decision.

By the way how could twelve plants only give you 2.5 oz lol. Sorry bro...Are you growing under moonlight and throwing a black tarp over you plants during the day?

jstive
02-13-2011, 01:27 AM
overage meaning you can only have so much smokeable meds in your possession by law, so after a harvest and cure you will normally have more than you should have, here its one ounce, so they want to buy the rest from you and its illegal to do, it is here. What do you mean by 12 plants will give you 2.5 ounces?

I was being sarcastic! meaning 12 plants will get you a heck of alot more than 2.5 ozs which is the leagal limit in Mich.

GaladrielDreams
02-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Personally, I'd go the edible route for your overage. You can store it in your freezer!

Diesel Farmer
02-13-2011, 01:35 AM
I was being sarcastic! meaning 12 plants will get you a heck of alot more than 2.5 ozs which is the leagal limit in Mich.

ok, LOL, I was gonna PM you about that : )

jstive
02-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Hey people, I have a dry sense of humor and I was being totally sarcastic about growing 12 plants and only getting 2.5 ozs. I was make a joke cause in the state of Michigan (where I live) you are allowed to have 12 plants but only 2.5ozs of cured and processed mj in ones possesion. It just seems rediculous to me and when I went to one of our 1st dispensaries to open up in my small town, this is what the young man who runs the place told me. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what the law is in Michigan. I have not found anything on it. I promise from here on out I will leave all the sarcasim (sp) out of my post. Thanks, Jim

Diesel Farmer
02-13-2011, 01:41 AM
I enjoy sarcasm Jim, maybe an LOL behind it might help, lol!! On the serious side, to be completely or as safe as you can be, dont tell anyone that you are growing or have overage at all, just my 2 cents bro, peace!

jstive
02-13-2011, 01:55 AM
I enjoy sarcasm Jim, maybe an LOL behind it might help, lol!! On the serious side, to be completely or as safe as you can be, dont tell anyone that you are growing or have overage at all, just my 2 cents bro, peace!

I am keeping way under wraps but I appreciate the heads up. I just want to find out what the state expects one to do with it in the legal sense.

Diesel Farmer
02-13-2011, 02:06 AM
In doubt, follow your instincts, if it doesnt feel right it probably isnt, peace brother!

Mike8888
02-13-2011, 02:31 AM
http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?68-Michigan
MMJ Laws for Michigan

Wildstar
02-13-2011, 05:30 AM
Haha good to know bro! I was like...whaaaaaaat? And he was like....awwww snap!

ROBBIE313
02-13-2011, 07:01 PM
yea,its kinda up to you,as our laws are really screwed up,for now anyways. most of the people out here seem to off there shit on craigslist with no problem.as patient to patient transfers are legal.or co -ops an collectives .but still i wouldn't go that route. dispensaries are kinda iffy yet better than craigslist,only thing about dispensaries is if they get pop'd say bye bye to your overages.its all too risky to me.id say keep it,tho illegal ,its probably the safest.or make hash or edibles.

UnderBelly
12-17-2011, 09:06 PM
I am keeping way under wraps but I appreciate the heads up. I just want to find out what the state expects one to do with it in the legal sense.

The state expects you to destroy it.

ol hippy
12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
All overages can be sent to me !! I declaired myself overage czar for 2012 !! Thank you and pack it neatly please...

@TEXAN
03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
The laws depend on the states. Some states say you can't 'sell' any mmj. It has to be a 'donation'. If you look in our MMJ Laws by states section it may have some answers about some of your questions there.

Could someone Please help me to understand...Why State law is even discussed. Growing,having and smokeing is against FEDERAL LAW. If the FEDS want u, State Law will not matter. If I was to get caught where I am I stand the chance to lose everything.I recently had a HEATED Discussion with my non-smoking better half..and according to her, having a journal/ being a bubblehead,showing pic,s is about has stupid as anyone could be.But her prescribed meds. are OK(legal).She read Mr. Rose,s stuff and one of his rules was...If u grow..Tell nobody..and says to me(well dumbass u just told 300 billion people u are growing with ur journal.

ol hippy
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
If I was in an illegal state I sure wouldn't be posting any pictures of any grow ! I'm lucky living in Ca. and myself and my gf both are legal MM users.I also know that they could make things nasty for me so I don't brag about growing weed to many people !